7 English slang expressions that will enrich your english in 2017
English is one of the most important and widely spoken languages in the world. The English language is critical when it comes to cross-cultural relationships and global economic growth. However, a great way to learn and master the language is to familiarize yourself with the many expressions and phrases used in the everyday life of a native English speaker.
This post introduces 7 English slang expressions that will be especially helpful this year. Whether you’re preparing for an international business trip or planning a trip to England, these phrases will not only help you express yourself fluently, but also improve your understanding of English culture and humor.
From “chuffed to bloody, let’s take a deeper look into the world of english slang expressions and see how you can best incorporate them into your vocabulary.
So here goes:
7 English slang expressions you should know in 2017
A new year brings new slang expressions. This year there are some new “lit”-Expressions you should know.
- Lit – This expression means “cool or “brilliant. So when you say that something is “lit” is, you mean that it is great.
- Fire – When something is “fire it is also great or great. You could also say that something is “hot” and is often used to describe a lover is.
- Dope – This term means “cool or “genius and is often used for music or fashion. When something is “dope” so it’s really cool.
However, there are also some “Lit-Expressions that are even more difficult to understand.
- Savage – When someone is “savage is, it means that he or she is very tough, naughty or mean. It can also mean that someone is very brave or bold.
- Gucci – This expression means “good or “alright”. It can also mean that something is “expensive” or “high quality is.
- Fam “Fam is short for “family. So if you “fam” someone means that he or she is like family to you.
Last but not least, there is the expression On Fleek. This expression means that something is perfect or great. You could also say that something is “to the point” and is often used for music or fashion or “unbeatable is.
7 English slang expressions you should know in 2017
If you are looking for a cool and modern vocabulary, you should know these seven English slang expressions that are very popular in 2017.
- Savage: The term “savage means wild, brutal, or cruel. It can also be used as a positive expression to describe someone who is very impressive or bold. For example: “That party last night was savage”!”
- Chill: The word “chill often used to express relaxation or calmness. It can also mean that something is cool or pleasing. For example: “The music at this party is really chill.”
- Bae: “Bae” is short for “Before Anyone Else” and is often used to describe a lover or a beloved. For example: “I’m hanging out with my bae tonight.”
- Hundo P: “Hundo P” is an abbreviation for “100 percent and can be used to express approval or affirmation. For example: “Are you coming to the party tonight??” – “Hundo P!”
- Fam: “Fam” Means family, but can also be used as a greeting between friends. For example: “What’s up fam?”
- lit: “Lit is used to describe something that is exciting or great. For example: “That concert last night was so lit!”
- thirsty: The expression thirsty means someone who is desperate for attention or affection. For example: “Stop being so thirsty, nobody likes that.”
Use these words to add a touch of cool and modernity to your English vocabulary. But remember to use them in the right situation!
Modern vocabulary for 2017
In 2017, there are a variety of new slang expressions that you should know in order to navigate the modern English-speaking world. One of these expressions is On Fleek, which is mainly used in the context of a perfect eyebrow shape.
Saying that your eyebrows are “on fleek” it means that they look outstanding, perfect and flawless. However, the expression is also used in other contexts when something has turned out particularly well, for example, an outfit or a performance.
- “On Fleek” but it’s not the only slang expression you should know. Another popular expression is “Lit, used to describe a great party or a great time.
- Also the term “Bae” has gained popularity in recent years. It is used to refer to a romantic relationship or to a person you like a lot.
- Other slang expressions you should know in 2017 are “Slay”, “Throw Shade”, “Woke and “I can’t even”.
In the modern world, it’s important to stay up to date with the English language to keep up in conversation and understand the meaning of expressions commonly used on social media and in pop culture.
AF – one of the English slang expressions you should know in 2017
AF can be used as an abbreviation for various expressions, but in English slang it is often used as a filler word to express a strong emphasis. For example, “I’m tired AF”, which means “I am very tired. It can also be used to express an extreme emotion, such as “Angry AF” or “Sad AF”.
AF is often used in social media posts or text messages and is part of the modern English vernacular. It is important to note that AF is often considered vulgar language, especially when used in conjunction with swear words.
As with all slang expressions, it is important to use AF only in appropriate situations and with an understanding of its meaning and connotations. It can also be helpful to consult with a speaker of English about the use of AF to avoid misunderstandings.
Other slang expressions you should know in 2017
- GOAT “Greatest Of All Time”, to describe someone as the best
- LIT “cool” or “Exciting
- FAM “family”, to refer to friends or close associates
- BAE “Before anyone else”, to describe someone as a special person
- THANK “very good or “high quality”
- GHOSTING – The sudden stop of any communication with someone without explanation
Learning slang expressions can contribute to an understanding of modern English and help improve comprehension of conversations with native English speakers. However, it is important to note that slang expressions are often informal and may be inappropriate in formal situations.
Ultimately, it is best to use slang with care and an understanding of the meaning and connotations to ensure that the intended message is clearly conveyed.
Bae – an English slang expression you should know in 2017
Bae is a slang term that is becoming more common in modern English. It is an abbreviation for “before anyone else” and is used to describe a person who is above everything else in your life. Bae can also be used as an endearment or nickname for your loved one.
There are many ways to introduce bae into your English vocabulary. For example, you could say “I’m going to the movies with my bae”, or “The cafe is my bae’s favorite place to store”. The expression is not limited to romantic relationships, but can also describe friendships.
However, it should be noted that the term bae may be quite new and not understood by everyone. So it is advisable to make the context clear when you use it. However, it is a fun and trendy expression that can help you improve your English and navigate modern culture.
- Bae is an abbreviation for “before anyone else”.
- It is used to describe a person who is above everything else in your life.
- Bae can also be used as an endearment or nickname for the loved one.
- It is not limited to romantic relationships, but can also describe friendships.
- It’s a fun and trendy phrase that can help you improve your English and navigate modern culture.
So don’t be afraid to add bae to your vocabulary! If you’re looking to get into the modern English language, it’s an expression you should definitely be familiar with.
Gucci – luxury fashion and a give word of the English language
Gucci is one of the most recognized and prestigious brands in the fashion industry. Founded in 1921, the company has since achieved unparalleled success and has made its exquisite reputation known around the world. The Gucci logo, which consists of the two interlocking Gs, has become a symbol of style and elegance.
The term “Gucci” but also has a meaning as a slang expression in the English language. It is often used to describe something that is in top condition or at a high level of excellence. For example, someone who has a home with stylish furniture and high-end accessories might say that their home is “Gucci,” which means that something has been made perfectly is.
Other English slang expressions you should know include “lit”, which means “cool or “impressive means “dope, which means “great or “great means “on fleek, which means that something has been made perfectly “boujee”, what “over luxury” means means “bae, which is an abbreviation for “before anyone else” and refers to the most important person in someone’s life, and “savage”, which describes someone who is particularly brave or impudent.
- On fleek
Regardless of which of these slang terms you prefer, it is important that you master their use in appropriate situations so as not to appear inappropriate or rude. However, if you’re looking for a term that expresses a sense of exclusivity and glamour, “Gucci” is a good choice Without a doubt, an excellent expression that will perfectly fulfill your intentions.
Fam is a slang expression that comes from English and is short for “family” is. However, in modern times, the word has taken on a new meaning and is often used to refer to close friends or confidants.
This trend has become especially prevalent on social media, where youth love to hang out with their fam and post their friendships on Instagram and co. presented.
There are even special internet groups called “Fam” Call and listen to music together or share other activities online. This shows that friendship today is no longer limited to the “family” but has a much broader meaning.
Overall, we can say that “Fam” is a term that reflects the modern nature of friendship and has become an important part of youth culture.